Retour à la liste
Lead Software Engineer, C++ (Austin)
Office: Austin, Texas, United States
Postuler en ligne
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic lead software engineer to join our Battle.net team in Austin, Texas.
The new Battle.net is a full-featured online game service that delivers the ultimate social and competitive experience for Blizzard Entertainment gamers everywhere. Designed specifically around Blizzard Entertainment titles, Battle.net includes a complete set of around-the-game features including a state-of-the-art matchmaking system, achievement system, social networking features, structured competitive play options, a marketplace, and much more. Our vision is to create an environment where gamers can compete online, develop an online persona, and stay connected to friends and the rest of the community while enjoying our games.
This position within the Battle.net team is focused on the development of the Battle.net platform which provides APIs and Technologies that underpin the features being developed for the service.
- Work with other leads and production staff to establish engineering tasks and schedules.
- Contribute to setting the technical direction for the team.
- Balance time between managing and contributing through programming.
- Evaluate and mentor engineers on the team.
- Serve as a partner in the team's leadership.
- Interface with external teams to gather requirements, assist with integration, and provide visibility into the platform development roadmap.
- Mastery of C++
- Distributed systems experience
- Security considerations (encryption, denial of service) experience
- Architecture (cloud, client / server) experience
- Knowledge of network and server security issues
- Leadership potential or previous leadership experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- A passion for video games
- Scripting language experience (Python, Lua)
- Multiple platform development experience (Linux, Windows, OSX)
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Agile development exposure
- UML diagramming experience (class, sequence)
- Low-level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT busting
- Familiar with higher-level network protocols such as HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) and a resume. Only resumes with cover letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.