Volver a la lista
Software Engineer, Senior C++
Office: Irvine, California, United States
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic senior software engineer to join our Battle.net team in Irvine, California.
The new Battle.net is a full-featured online game service that will deliver the ultimate social and competitive experience for Blizzard Entertainment gamers everywhere. Designed specifically around Blizzard Entertainment titles, Battle.net will include a complete set of around-the-game features including a state-of-the-art matchmaking system, achievement system, social networking features, structured competitive play options, a marketplace, and much more. Our vision is to create an environment where gamers can compete online, develop an online persona, and stay connected to friends and the rest of the community while enjoying our games.
The senior software engineer must be able to work both independently and in conjunction with team members and product groups. Enthusiasm and flexibility in working on a variety of projects are also necessary. The ideal applicant is someone who enjoys technical challenges and the satisfaction of overcoming them.
This position within the Battle.net team is focused on the development of the Battle.net platform which provides APIs and technologies that underpin the features being developed for the service.
- Mastery of C++
- Networking experience in TCP and UDP protocols
- Distributed systems experience
- A passion for video games
- Protocol design / optimization experience
- Security considerations (encryption, denial of service) experience
- Architecture (cloud, client / server) experience
- Knowledge of network and server security issues
- Experience with code optimization
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Comp
- Scripting language experience (Python, Lua)
- UML diagramming experience (class, sequence)
- Low-level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT busting
- Familiar with higher-level network protocols such as HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP
- Multiple platform development experience (Linux, Windows, OSX)
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Agile development exposure
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.