Volver a la lista
Producer, Transaction Design
StarCraft II - Heroes of the Storm
Office: Irvine, California, United States
[Begin mission debrief] Producers, welcome to the Koprulu Sector. There is an immediate opening for one of you to bring your years of experience, superior analytical talent, and strategically agile mind to elevate our StarCraft
II / Heroes of the Storm team. Reporting to the production director of Heroes
of the Storm , this role will call upon your entire battle-earned skillset. Your primary mission will be engaging with various team leads including developers, designers, as well as business intelligence analysts, to determine data sets that will gauge player engagement / behavior, live system performance, and provide actionable intelligence in support of game feature priorities and other key objectives. Your cutting edge research and deep analyses will ultimately inform and help shape content creation and game design.
- Lead efforts in monitoring the health of the online game by determining the right set of quantitative and qualitative data to help us manage the business and game operations; Analyze and interpret the data to spot important trends.
- Identify key KPIs regarding engagement and transactions; Establish metrics to measure the success of various game impacting programs and regional initiatives; Regularly review KPIs with business intelligence team, marketing and publishing teams, and development team to measure impact of player events, content updates, and overall health of the player base.
- Drive strategic research through hypothesis testing and to support strategic planning projects; Validate “widely held beliefs” with data analysis.
- Understand the market, the competition, and our players; Conduct competitive analysis; Assimilate huge amounts of information – feedback from players, quantitative data from web analytics and game analytics, research reports, market trends, and statistics – to propose and make recommendations that impact game content and product vision.
- Work with design and development teams to contribute to game micro-transaction strategy; Envision and propose in-game content and business model recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative analysis; Business model optimization, throughout all phases of the game’s life cycle; Benchmark versus competitive titles; Monitor strategy to ensure that we maintain player satisfaction and sustain Blizzard and franchise core values
- Project management and follow-up for related initiatives
- Work with finance to forecast P&L for proposals and ROI optimization
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in decision support systems, strategic planning, and analytics
- Expert skills in correlating, aggregating, and wrangling across multiple, messy data sources
- Thorough understanding of online free-to-play, micro-transaction and subscription based business models
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and writing skills (proficiency with MS Office) and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of highly-skilled, opinionated colleagues, and senior management
- Experience in the game industry, social gaming, social networking, and / or internet industry strongly preferred
- Familiar with online game design, launch, and operation
- Superior time management, project leadership and organizational skills
- Self-starter with a passion for data-driven decision making and strong attention to detail
- MBA in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Computer Science, Econometrics, or Mathematics
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.