Blizzard Entertainment is seeking exceptionally skilled and passionate senior concept artists to help drive the vision of characters and worlds in our next hit game!
We’re looking for artists that are self-starting, versatile, and enjoy being part of a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate shares our sensibilities, loves dark medieval worlds, and feels there are countless stories left to tell in the Diablo universe!
- Create character / creature concepts including character sheets and detailed callouts of equipment and weapons.
- Create environmental concepts that include landscape / architectural designs, props and occasional mood paintings.
- Iterate on game assets with other artists and designers via paint overs, studies, and group critiques.
- Visualize complex environments through the use of basic components.
- Strong understanding of digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Excellent illustration skills and deep understanding of human / creature anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language and silhouette
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, architecture and detail in environmental design
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- AAA PC or console experience as a concept artist
- Strong traditional arts foundation, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, illustration, etc.
- Working knowledge 3D art techniques and software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, or Zbrush
- Passion for all things Diablo
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio of relevant artwork, online preferred
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.